The mission of The Commons is to support the healthy development of children and their families
We believe that:
- Education, along with a healthy start in life, is essential for improving opportunities for children and families.
- Investing early in children’s lives – when they are infants and toddlers – is the best strategy for getting long-term results.
- Children thrive when families thrive. Families thrive when they have safe, quality, affordable housing, access to quality health care and educational opportunities, family sustaining income, and parental supports.
- Valuable assets (residents, services, schools, etc.) are present in the neighborhood and can be organized to enhance the lives of infants, toddlers, children and their families.
- Mothers experience healthy pregnancies and births.
- Infants and toddlers enter preschool demonstrating appropriate levels of development for their age and stage.
- Parents enjoy tangible supports, role models, education, and feelings of acceptance and well-being that assist them to support their children’s healthy development.
- Families have a safe and stable place to live and thrive.